Fwd: [squid-users] Performance or lack thereof issues

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:59 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@hotmail.com>
To: "squid" <squid@HAMPTONU.EDU>, squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Friday, January 30, 2004, 12:46:21 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Performance or lack thereof issues

> After 15 minutes of accepting connections the proxy seems to slow down when
> serving web pages to users. If i restart the service the pages are served
> with blinding fast speed, could this be due to too many connections bogging
> down the service? Included are some files in case anyone wants to know what
> is going on with the box. I do get a FD Warning in the cache log, and have
> looked at uping the FD's and then recompiling squid using the 2.6 src. But
> any info would be helpful.

Ok.
1. Send the consolidated squid.conf file
(< grep "^[a-z]" squid.conf >squid.conf.org> to all to know the isses more!>)
2. In the configuration you did not use the --with-filedescriptors option.If u see the tcp nestat's
Tcp: 727408 active connections openings 2830236 passive connection openings 956607 failed connection attempts
lot of connections are failed.So increase the file descriptor's
3. Send the kernel parameters.
</etc/sysctl.conf>
4. cache.log entries

Regards,