Fwd: [squid-users] Blocking some web sites

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:49:40 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Juergen Edelblut <j.edelbluth@arcor.de>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 7:31:45 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Blocking some web sites

Hi ML,

Just trying to block some websites with the squid proxy, version 2.5
stable 3 on SuSE Linux 9.0.

I added the following lines to my squid.conf:

acl myBlocked url_regex -i "/etc/squid/blocked_sites.conf"
http_access allow all
http_access deny myBlocked

The file blocked_sites.conf contains for example:

/yahoo/

But it doesn't work, I have unrestricted access to Yahoo.

The Idea behind was to block all accesses to URLs containing "sex", I
just tried with yahoo, the logs would look quite funny, when my
collegues see, that I surf the whole day on sex sites...

Thanks for help!

Juergen

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net