Fwd: [squid-users] Need help about SQUID + WCCP2 and cisco router with IOS 12.2(13b)

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:49:04 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Ing Wahib Bohsain Navarro <wahib@phoenix.intermatsa.com.mx>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2004, 10:28:34 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Need help about SQUID + WCCP2 and cisco router with IOS 12.2(13b)

Does the router indicate it have redirected any packets to the cache?
with the show ip wccp web-cache deatil i see packets redirected 612450 the
router is redirecting packets
in my router i get the
ip wccp web-cache group-address x.x.x.x // address of my squid server
and in the serial interface that go to internet i use
ip wccp web-cache redirect out

Does browsing work at all?
the browsing doesn't work at all

Is the ip_wccp v2 module loaded on your Linux box?
i did the instrucctions to patch the kernel like say in
http://squid.visolve.com/developments/wccpv2.htm
http://squid.visolve.com/developments/wccpv2_install.htm
any sugestions?

Have you installed the required packet interception firewall rules on
 your server?

I don't using any firewall at all no ipchains, and no iptables, i got that
services down.

Have you configured the required interception caching settings in
squid.conf?
what is the right config file ?
what i have are my acl for my network and to monitor the cachemanager.cgi
for the localhost only and other setting like visible but if i use the squid
like proxy is working fine with iexplorer and netscape, but i need do it
like wcpp
i have also the wccp2_router x.x.x.x
but that i don't know what means the wccp2_version 3 or 4 ? i didn't put
nothing there

tks for your help

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Ing Wahib Bohsain Navarro wrote:
>
> > can somebody can help me with the same problem, i'm facing the same
problem
> > with wccp v2 i'm using a cisco router 7200 the RH 9.0 with kernel 2.4.20
and
> > i already patched with the ip_wccpv2 module but i don't see nothing in
my
> > squid cache i get the next
>
> Does the router indicate it have redirected any packets to the cache?
>
> Does browsing work at all?
>
> Is the ip_wccp v2 module loaded on your Linux box?
>
> Have you installed the required packet interception firewall rules on
> your server?
>
> Have you configured the required interception caching settings in
> squid.conf?
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Best regards,