Re: [squid-users] proxy_auth repetition problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 02:02:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Sylvester Manx wrote:

> I am using smb_auth as the NTLM authenticating
> utility. When I put a user in an acl that, for
> example, denies them access to a site, they must enter
> their username 3 times before they get the deny_info
> page.

They get the page on the first, but the browser only shows it once the
authentication is cancelled (either by the browser limit of 3 attempts, or
by pressing cancel).

> Is there someway to avoid this? To have this
> page come up after the first successful login?

Don't deny the requests with a proxy_auth acl type. In most configurations
it is simply a matter of making sure the last acl on your http_access deny
line is not a proxy_auth acl. Note that this also affects deny_info as it
too looks at the last acl.