Re: [squid-users] Transparency Mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:05:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 trainier@kalsec.com wrote:

> Does it make ANY sense, to use transparency mode on a network that already
> has routers in place?

Yes, if you want to transparently intercept requests for port 80 without
requiring proxy settings in the browser. In such case it is best to
instruct the router to route the traffic that should be intercepted to the
cache server. There is many different means of doing so, see the Squid FAQ
for some ideas.

> I'm arguing with my netadmin on the best way to place the proxy server in
> our environment.

Isn't it better to reason?