[squid-users] Squid Accelerator and SSL

From: Kent, Mr. John (Contractor) <kent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:56:15 -0800

Greetings,

I am using Squid as a front-end accelerator on top of a server farm.
Wanted to re-direct to an https enabled Apache Server.
Squid is in a "DMZ" and talks to the server farm through a firewall.
The Apache server was set up independently of Squid, by which I mean
I created the keys and certificates for it only.

It works fine when accessed directly.

Per the FAQ, I rebuilt my Squid enabling ssl

./squid -v now gives =3D
>Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE4
configure options: --prefix=3D/users/webuser/www_squid =
--enable-storeio=3Ddiskd,ufs --enable-ssl --with-openssl=3D/usr/lib

When the redirection occurs get the following error page from Squid:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: =
<https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl>=20
The following error was encountered:=20
* Unsupported Request Method and Protocol=20
Squid does not support all request methods for all access protocols. For =
example, you can not POST a Gopher request.=20

Clicking on the "trying to retrieve" URL above works fine.

Any suggestions?

Obviously I'm missing a great deal here.
If there is more information that I have failed to read, I accept all
criticism, but would appreciate the link to
the applicable reference.

Thank you,

John Kent
Webmaster