[squid-users] Squid and Search Engines

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:37:23 -0700

Hello,

Is it possible to setup a search engine, like Glimpse or Swish-e, to
catalog and search against the information in the Squid cache?

To minimize bandwidth on certain remote locations, I would like to
develop a spider to 'feed' information into squid cache, and then have
the search engine work off the cache instead of sending the user out on
the Internet for data.

The spider would gather information based on preplanned, scheduled 'hunt
topics' and load the squid cache, which would be the source of query for
the search engine. Then through some manipulation of apache's
mod_rewrite module, the data from squid's cache would appear to be
coming from the web.

Does this even make sense? Should I ask this at the Squid Development
list?

Thanks,

Murrah Boswell