RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5.STABLE4 + FreeBSD 5.x = crash after a while...

From: Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:14:30 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
> > Well, I got the squid in high cpu usage and it wasnt responding. I sent it
> > kill -BUS signal, it made coredump, the rest is below? Did I do something
> > wrong or?
>
> Does your Squid binary have debug symbols? This is required in order to
> get valuable stack traces.
>
> file squid
> nm squid | head
>
> Which Squid version are you using?
>
> squid -v
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Yes, my squid has debug symbols. I checked that from the FAQ already.

proxy:/usr/local/squid/sbin#file squid
squid: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), for
FreeBSD 5.0.2, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
proxy:/usr/local/squid/sbin#nm squid |head
0814c604 B AS_tree_head_u
08143878 B AclMatchedName
080d1080 B ActionTable
080ce1ec d Alphanum
080ae990 r B_BYTES_STR
080ae99c r B_GBYTES_STR
080ae994 r B_KBYTES_STR
080ae998 r B_MBYTES_STR
080cdf40 D Biggest_FD
080cf660 b CBDATA_ASState
proxy:/usr/local/squid/sbin#./squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE4-20040206
configure options: --enable-err-language=Turkish
--enable-removal-policies=heap --disable-hostname-checks
--enable-storeio=diskd --enable-icmp
proxy:/usr/local/squid/sbin#

But I wonder if the problem was because I sent SIGBUS signal to squid
process so it will make coredump? I was stupid to not to get this stack
trace from the running process. I will try that next, when it happens.

Evren