Re: [squid-users] Problems with IPC (inter process communications)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:41:49 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Luis Eduardo Cortes wrote:

> I'm using Squid/2.3.STABLE4-hno.CVS

You are aware that this release is not very much tested and not something
I view as suitable for production use are you?

from my old 2.3 patches page
<url:http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/patch-2.3.html>:

NOTE: I have not tested the Squid-2.3 version as throughtfully as the
Squid-2.2.STABLE5-hno releases (more like not at all), and it is known
that for example async-io will not perform that well compared to
2.2.STABLE5-hno. Most of these patches have been incorporated into the
main Squid distribution since Squid-2.4 and I no longer actively maintain
this patchset.

> By debugging /var/log/messages, I modified iptables rules to accept traffic
> from 127.0.0.1 to 172.19.42.2, and from 172.19.42.2 to 127.0.0.1, and now
> everything it's OK.
>
> My questions are ¿ why suddenly has changed this behavior ? ¿ is this a
> bug ? ¿ can I restore the old behavior ?

Good question.

Maybe there has been some routing related change on your server?

  ip ru ls
  ip ro ls table 0

Or have you set tcp_outgoing_address? This may maybe make some difference.