[squid-users] Filtering/Redirecting URLS

From: Nick <nick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:26:48 -0500

Hello, I am fairly new to Squid and have a few questions about how I can redirect certain URLS. We have 2 squid servers that handle our sites, right now we have some sites pointing to one server and the other sites pointing to the other. I would like to load balance the 2 servers but need to direct all traffic the contains a certain word in the URL to one server. Is this possible?
My main goal is to have 2 Squid Servers (A & B). If, for example the URL contains the word FOO in it, I would like all URLS with the word FOO be directed to Squid Server B. Is this something that can be done?

Another question I have is what is the best way to load balance squid. Round Robin or using something like the Super Proxy script? All of our sites point to our Cisco GSS and the GSS directs all requests to the correct Squid Server. I would like to use load balancing in the GSS but that would mean we aren't guaranteed that each page will go to the same Squid Server. If I use the Super Proxy it wouldn' it mean that requests still might go to wrong server, but then be redirected to the server that originally cached the page?

Thanks in advance,
Nick