Re: [squid-users] squid, forwarding some specific requests to another proxy

From: Shahriar Mokhtari <mokhtari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:33:52 -0500

Duane Wessels wrote:

>>The output is generated by my ISP. Costumers have learned that
>>they can pick some proxy (on port !80) and get to the websites that
>>are being filtered by my ISP. I wonder if I can do it automatically
>>for them. I do not want to use a fixed proxy server, say it being
>>the parent of my cache server. what I want is to use a proxy server
>>to somehow bypass my isp filtering for the sites it is doing the
>>filtering. Squid log produced TCP_MISS 403 for these pages. I
>>want customers access the websites which are not being filter, via
>>my cache server. Can squid be used, say using acl or so, to work
>>out my plan?
>>

>Its not clear to me which parts of this you control, and which parts
>you do not. I will assume that all requests go you your Squid cache
>and that your upstream ISP is using HTTP interception.
>
>You can define a parent cache and forward only certain requests to it.
>for example, you can sign up to use one of the IRCache proxies
>(www.ircache.net) and use a Squid configuration such as this:
>
> acl BlockedByISP dstdomain www.example.com
> acl BlockedByISP dstdomain www.example.net
> cache_peer parent ny.us.ircache.net 3128 3130
> cache_peer_access ny.us.ircache.net allow BlockedByISP
> never_direct allow BlockedByISP
>
>Duane W.

Duane,

Your assumtion is right. Any http request goes through my cache server
running squid which I control. The ISP is using HTTP interception. The
problem is that I am not sure exactly which sites the ISP filters, so I
wonder if I can send the filtered http request to a proxy, and the way I
squid undrestand that a page is filtered is using my ISP output (what
squid receives for a http request). The ISP generates exactly the same
message for any filtered page.

S. Mokhtari