Re: [squid-users] Why Rebuilding Storage is (DIRTY)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:30:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Siao Yuan Tan wrote:

> I have managed to get squid 2.5 with all current patches running. Everything
> seems to be fine except in cache.log file, the "Rebuilding storage
> in /home/.squid (DIRTY)" is troubling me whether it means anything.

It means that the previous time you ran Squid you did not let it to
terminate in a clean manner, and Squid need to verify the consistency of
the cache a little harder while rebuilding the internal index of what is
cached.

> What does it means by DIRTY, I had delete all swap in the directory and run
> squid -z and still get the same thing. Anyone know anything, appreciate if
> you could advise me on this matter.

Seeing this on a newly created cache directory is OK. Just means Squid
will verify the consistency of the new cache directory a little harder.

Seeing this after what you think is a normal restart is not OK.