Re: [squid-users] WCCP v2+multiples routers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:42:50 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Gleidson Antonio Henriques wrote:

> Is there someone in the list with any experience with wccp v2 in squid
> for answer me if there's a way to get squid working with multiples
> routers ?

Not until this function has been implemented.

The current WCCPv2 implementation for Squid is basically WCCPv1 using
WCCPv2 compatible messages to work with later IOS versions and does not
take benefit of any of the improvements of the WCCP protocol in WCCPv2.

I know there is/was some user working on adding some WCCPv2 configuration
parameters such as the encapsulation method to use. I have not heard of
anyone working on multiple-router or multiple-services support.