[squid-users] Squid on SuSE Openexchange 4.1 (United Linux 1.0)

From: Gareth <gareth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:18:40 -0000

Hi Guys

I've installed Squid 2.5.STABLE4, everything is working fine except the
init.d script to stop Squid.

I had to change the paths to Squid, the PID file and configuration file, and
starting Squid from /etc/init.d/squid start works fine, but trying to stop
it does not work.

I've added -xv to the '#! /bin/sh' line of the script to see what's
happening, and it seems the kill 0 12345 doesn't actually succeed in killing
the process, it tries this for 60 seconds, but nothing.

The same kill command doesn't work manually... I know on SuSE I can use
killproc /path/to/executable, but I'd prefer to do this as part of init.d. I
didn't want to increase the kill level to minus 9 or something, I want to do
this the correct way.

Does anyone have an init.d file for Squid they could post that will work on
SuSE Openexchange 4.1 (United Linux 1.0)...?

Many thanks

Gareth