[squid-users] Don't Know Topic For This Question

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:25:27 -0700

Hello,

I ma trying to setup a squid system that uses wget to 'feed' data into
and then allows authenticated users to access the cached data in the
system but not go beyond the cached data. That is, if the data is
avalable in the cache, then it is presented to the user, but if the data
is not available, then squid will not go offsite to retrieve the data.
The only way that data can get into the cache is through wget.

So, how can I stop suqid from getting data offsite except for user that
wget comes in as?

I currently have wget configured to access squid as username 'wget' and
this works. Now I need to limit outside access through squid to just
the 'wget' user.

Do I use some flavor of http_access acl?

Thanks,

Murrah Boswell