[squid-users] Client hostnames

From: Chris Burton <cburton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:10:34 +0000

Hi All

After days of playing, reading and testing i cant find the solution to
the following problem.

In my access.log i have entrys like

1077012108.716 1445 10.3.181.32 TCP_MISS/200 1989 GET
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/? - DIRECT/63.238.77.237 text/html

now what i want todo is make it resolve my local machine name so we can
track what people look at, so it would sorta look like

1077012108.716 1445 MyMachine TCP_MISS/200 1989 GET
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/? - DIRECT/63.238.77.237 text/html

i have tried log_fqdn but its not changed anything, does anyone know
how to fix it, its squid-2.5.STABLE4 running on Redhat 9 box with apache
2 installed.

i would be most greatfull if people could help me find a work around

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only. It may contain confidential or sensitive
information. The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in
transmission. Any views expressed in this message
are solely the views of the individual and do not
represent the views of the College. Nothing in this
message should be construed as creating a contract.