Re: [squid-users] Removing very old objects

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:37:16 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, David wrote:

> Greetings Squid community,
>
> I have a proxy which is getting to the point where I am running of disk space
> that I can allocate.

Squid should automatically recycle disk space as needed. If you run out of
disk space then either your cache_dir is configured with a too large size
or there is something else eating a lot of disk space such as for example
a lot of old logs.

> I am wishing to remove all older objects from the
> cache that are say +2 years old.

I doubt there is any such old objects still in your cache. Try

   find /path/to/cache_dir -type f -size +1 -mtime +700 -print