Re: [squid-users] Don't Know Topic For This Question - Got it!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:48:27 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, OTR Comm wrote:

> acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
>
> So once password is allowed, it is redundant to have the rule
>
> http_access allow wget_prog
>
> right?

Right.

You have already allowed all authenticated users access, including wget.
The wget user is just a user like any other user.

> wget_prog is defined like so,
> acl wget_prog proxy_auth wget
>
> and this is what I use to control miss_access, right?

Right.

In http_access you want all users to be given access, but in miss_access
only the users (who are already allowed in http_access) who should be
allowed to forward requests to the Internet should be allowed.

Hope this makes sense.