Re: [squid-users] Proxy not caching and DEAD/REVIVED parent (and signal 6 error solved)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:35:33 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-2] Éliás [iso-8859-2] Tamás wrote:

> > Looks like your parent is either unreliable or overloaded and from time to
>
> What you mean by unreliable. It shouldn't be overloaded. not more but 100
> clients are on the network. Or I should define more ports to server the
> requests?

Your parent is either not accepting the load it is getting, or there is
servere communication errors between your Squid and the parent.

> > time refuses to accept new requests, and as you are using never_direct
> > there is no other option for your Squid than to fail the request when the
> > parent is not functioning.
>
> The server shuld not be able to go direct, so never_direct is okay.
> But why the proxy is not saving anything??

Is the clock set correctly?

Have you cleared your local browser cache?

How are you testing? Remember that the reload button always bypasses the
cache.

What is said in access.log?