Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth source modification needed...

From: Martijn Moret <martijn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:36:36 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Martijn Moret wrote:
>

>>I'm using squid-2.5.STABLE4.
>>

>Are you positively sure about this?
>

>>The problem is on our side, we allow spaces in the uid on ldap (not in
>>the password).
>>In order to authenticate with the squid_ldap_auth we need the separator
>>to be the last space.
>>

>In Squid-2.5 is you log in using
>
>Login : Joe Luser
>Password: Secret Password
>
>the string sent to squid_ldap_auth is
>
>Joe%20Luser Secret%20Password
>
>There is never more than one space in the request sent to Basic
>authentication helpers in Squid-2.5.
>
>Regards
>Henrik

Henrik,

I did not know this, I was testing with squid_ldap_auth on the command line.

Testing with the %20 works fine from the command line and from any browser.

Thanx for this answer! squid is getting better and better!

Kind regards
Martijn

squid_server(root)# /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -u cn
-b "ou=people,dc=example,dc=company,dc=com" -h localhost
John%20Doe VerySecret
OK