[squid-users]FATAL: SEGMENT FAULT RECIEVED...DYING

From: JOHNSON DAVID R <david.johnson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:04:03 -0500

i keep receiving a FATAL: SEGMENT FAULT RECIEVED...DYING

I am trying to get squid to create a dump file and it is not working, i have
done what was said in the FAQ and tat did not seem sto change anything. It
seems every 3rd day i recieve this error and it is causing my user community
(college students) a great headache. I do not want to have to abandon squid
but if this continues my boss is going to kill the project. She is already
on the hunt for squid. I am running squid2.5.stable.4 sept 2003, on RH9. I
am willing to listen to anyone out there who can and is willing to help. I
need to be able to report something positive back and right now having to be
on call 24/7 for this particular service is not positive.

David Johnson | Network Administrator |
Hampton University | Hampton, VA | 23669 |
office 757.728.6528 | fax 757.727.5438
mailto:davidr.johnson@hamptonu.edu