RE: [squid-users] FW: Squid memory utilization

From: Scott Phalen <sphalen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:13:23 -0600

Ok, I have been all over the memory FAQs and still can't figure out why my
server is consuming all it's RAM. I have 2GIG of DDR RAM and the only
service running on this server is Squid. My cache_mem is set to 64MB and
cache_dir is 10000 16 256. During peak hours my RAM is consumed very fast.
Is there something else I should be configuring besides cache_mem and
cache_dir to minimize memory use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott Phalen