[squid-users] Problem Accessing Internal Software Update Services Server

From: <marshall28@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:20:11 GMT

Hello everyone,

I recently installed a Windows 2000 Server on the network in order to act as a Software Update Services server to push Windows Updates down to my workstations. The problem I'm having is that when I am going through the squid proxy to access the administrative page for SUS I keep getting an ACL denied error. This occurs until I go directly to it without using the proxy (my proxy isn't a gateway proxy, just for web caching). I've setup my entire network in the topmost location within the Proxy Restrictions section of the ACL's. Therefore everything should be allowed. Unfortunately when I try to access http://192.168.7.58/SUSAdmin I get this ACL denied access error. What do I need to do to fix this without having to change my browser each time to access this directly? The error says this exactly:

HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource
Internet Information Services

This looks like it's something on the IIS server that is restricting me from accessing it, but like I said above I can access this admin page easily if I go directly to it, without using my proxy.

thanks
marshall

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!