RE: [squid-users] how to know how much data was sent

From: jose b. chua <jose@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:02:26 -0500

> From: Yedidia Klein [mailto:yedidia@jct.ac.il]
>
> As far as I understand the access log of squid log the bytes that was
> sent from the web server to the browser.
> Is there any logs of the amount of data that is sent *from*
> the browser
> (like file upload via http)

access.log logs all requests made through squid. You would be interested in
looking at HTTP GET and HTTP PUT for file uploads. The request type is in
the 6th column of the log.

There are log analysis programs that can extract and collate this
information for you. Calamaris and Webalizer are the easiest to set up. MRTG
can give you even more, but requires SNMP.