Re: [squid-users] authentication

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:49:29 +0000

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:35:20AM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Payal Rathod wrote:
>
> > But where do I exactly define IP range for acl new_test?
>
> You don't. You puth the IP range in another acl and then combine the two
> in http_access.
>
> See the Squid FAQ on access controls for a detailed description of how
> http_access operates.

I got it working beautifully now. Now, the pop-up window comes on IE or
netscape whenever a URL is requested. To eliminate this, I have thought
of using smb authentication for this. The samba and squid are on same
machine. Is this a good idea? What do I need for this? BTW, samba is
used as PDC and the distro and OS is Mandrake 9.1.

Thanks a lot and bye.
With warm regards,
-Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com