[squid-users] access.log format.

From: Chris Barnes <cpbarnes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:30:31 +1100

Hi Squiders,
Is there a way I can chose what information squid logs to the
access.log? for example, I'm writing a piece of software and the only
information I'm worried about are the ip address of the client which
made the request, and the bytes sent to that client.

This would be so much easier for me because at the moment I have to
parse each line of the access.log then break it down into pieces and try
to determine which piece refers to client ip and which piece refers to
bytes sent to client. This doesn't always work properly and as a result,
my software ends up trying to add the value of a mime type of a request
to the total bytes a client has downloaded instead of it adding the
bytes received for a request to the total bytes a client has downloaded.

Am I making any sense? What are your thoughts?

Regards,

Chris Barnes.