[squid-users] Squid -k reconfigure from Web form

From: Pasi Holmström <pasi.holmstrom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:25:28 +0200

I'd like to run squid -k reconfigure from Web form. I know it sounds like a
crazy idea, but that's what I like to do. The idea is make a sevice that
gives a teacher an easy way to restrain class from Internet. The other part
of program works but managing Squid isn't.
I have perl script which works fine when run from shell, but not when run
with Apache. I wonder if it's possible at all?

system("/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k reconfigure") causes:
squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 1 to process 3646: (1) Operation not
permitted

Any ideas?

P H