Re: [squid-users] Effective cache peering

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:07:27 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Paul Seaman wrote:

> Cache server #1: I want to configure him to think "allow cache #2 to ask me
> if I have content he wants".

Then cache 1 needs to http_access allow cache 2, and optionally if you
want cache 1 to strincly enforce that cache 2 is not allowed to try to
configure caceh 1 as parent then also miss_access deny. But in normal
peering configurations there is no reason to use miss_access unless the
two proxies are under different administrative control and the
administrators of cache 1 does not trust the administrators of cache 2 to
behave.

> Cache server #2: I want to configure him to think "I'm going to check my
> local cache, then ask Cache #1 if he has my content, then check the
> Internet's content".

This is cache_peer sibling relation using ICP or cache-digests.