RE: [squid-users] How to update cache ?

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:32:50 +0100

> I had recently updated my website's first page (index.html),
> the website
> is hosted on my ISP's datacentre. now the problem I am facing
> is if I
> type my address from my LAN (www.xyz.com) it shows me the old
> page, but
> if I type as www.xyz.com/index.html I am able to see the new page.
>
> From outside the proxy I can see the updated page. I think
> the cache in
> my proxy is not getting updated, how to do?

 - Any site should have 'minimal awareness' of web caching
  infrastructure on the Net; verify e.g. with :

     http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

  More info at :

     http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

 - Also , are you using transp. proxying ?
   If so does it work when the browser is configured
   to use squid directly using proxy settings ?

 M.