[squid-users] Mac Failure to Authenticate

From: <SMORRIS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:42:12 -0600

Hi Everyone

We have some Mac users who are failing to authenticate to the cache. We are
using ntml to authenticate the Windows users. The Mac users get presented
with a challenge when they go to use the Squid server. When they put in
their username and password for the domain, the get access the cache
denied.

Here's the section (TAG: auth_param) from squid.conf I think pertains to
this (I only included the lines that are not commented out):

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 20
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 0 minute

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/wb_auth
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server BASIC
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

Am I leaving something out that should be uncommented? I have a tcp dump I
can post, but in it you basically see the user's ip address come in and try
to authenticate, and then is denied. The user id is valid on the domain. I
can have her point to a different squid server that does not require
authentication and she get right out on the web.

Thanks
Sam