Re: [squid-users] WCCPV2 Help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 00:40:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Wallace, Brian S. wrote:

> Cisco says that they only support GRE for the return method. This may a
> future problem, but if we can get things working, we can move this to a
> Linux system. So, for now, I pretend that I can do GRE on the return
> method.

Have you installed the required firewalling rules on the Solaris to
intercept the packets?

The WCCP router just routes the packets to the proxy, it is the proxy OS
responsibility to then intercept these at the TCP level and forward them
to the proxy as in any other transparent proxy configuration.

> I'm worried about the "not mask assignment" message. Cisco says that
> the router will negotiate a hash or mask assignment method.

hash is what you want.