Re: [squid-users] site works unproxied but "conn reset by peer" via squid

From: Mike Hoskins <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:10:32 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> I wonder if it is a coincidence but most reports about odd connection
> reset or unreachable sites involve Cisco PIX one way or another..

probably not. they are notorious for breaking long-RFC'd protocols
(like EDNS), or requiring tuning in such cases.

if the PIX in question has 'fixup protocol http' in the config, i would
try the same tests after doing 'no fixup proto http'. the http fixup
doesn't really buy you much, unless you are using Cisco's Websense/URL
filtering thingie. most sites i've seen have fixup on, adding unnecessary
overhead, but are not really using the feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801727a8.html#1067379

-m