Re: [squid-users] caching problem ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:00:06 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Jérôme PHILIPPE wrote:

> IE ----> Squid with cache ----> IWSS proxy----> Internet
>
> I've configured Squid with options :

Make sure to use "server_persistent off" in this type of configuration.
There has been many reports about the Trend proxy being buggy and causing
cache pollutions if persistent connections are enabled.

> With this configuration, I always redownloading my files and I don't use my
> squid's cache. It's normal ?

Depends.

Most objects should be cached like normal, but if you are using the
"progress window" function in IWSS then the download will not be cached.
Or to be precise, when using the progress window IWSS then changes the URL
of the downloaded file to a unique URL for this request only, which will
never ever be requested again.