Re: [squid-users] sites on different ports

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:51:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Payal Rathod wrote:

> Ok...getting some hints. On the machine it is working I have,
>
> #http_access deny !Safe_ports
> #http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
>
> i.e. the lines are commented out.

Very bad. Uncommenting these allows the clients to do serious abuse of the
HTTP proxy for things which should not ever be done via a HTTP proxy.

You should only do this if you fully trust your users.

> I think that was the issue. Right?

It is, and is why I asked you to looks for the Safe_ports and SSL_ports
ACLs earlier.

> Also, the error message which I get is *incomplete*. It says,

This is a Microsoft Explorer bug in certain versions of Internet Explorer,
not a Squid problem.