Re: [squid-users] Squid + ICAP status / feedback

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:08:02 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, olivier wrote:

> . ICAP support: will icap be integrated in the 3.* series ?

Probably at some point yes, but not for the 3.0 release as this is already
feature frozen and in addition there is no ICAP implementation for Squid-3
yet.

> . At the moment it is available as a patch for 2.5, given a new 2.5
> has been released recently, will it need to be updated?

Probably, if needed.

> are there people maintaining it?

There is people maintaining both icap pathes for 2.5, but as always
development projects are maintained by their developers for the needs of
those developers.

I maintain the icap_streaming patch. Unfortunately not yet 100% released
due to some commercial issues with the primary customer.

> how would you rate the stability?

I have not used the "old" icap patch in a while but I know a lot of work
has gone into it lately.

The current internal version of the icap_streaming patch is very stable in
tests, but only available once there is a customer willing to pay for the
development or certain other events happens making it viable for me to
release the completed version of the patch.