Re: [squid-users] Tuning Squid for large user base

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:01:26 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure about Linux but on BSD/OS and several of the other BSD OSes
you can improve performance by disabling hyperthreading when multiple Xeon
processors are present. The performance improvement seems to be around 15
percent. This eliminates the penalty for context switching in an SMP
environment.

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard