RE: [squid-users] Squid unable to get specific web page

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:50:53 +0100

> Hello to all,
>
> I'm having this strange persistent problem with a particular webpage
> that refuses to be displayed when using Squid proxy. Squid does not
> seems to be able to handle the redirect that the remote web
> server tries
> to retrieve to the local browser. It does not send any error
> message but
> does not display anything. When using a browser without proxy
> everything
> work fine.
>
> I just want to know if this is a squid problem or with remote site.
> (www.vodafone.pt)
>
> Any comment would be appreciated.

 I believe it's a problem at the remote site : 'wget' launched
 from my squid box gives :

--12:06:43-- http://www.vodafone.pt:80/
  (try: 4) => `index.html.4'
Connecting to www.vodafone.pt:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Retrying.

--12:21:43-- http://www.vodafone.pt:80/
  (try: 5) => `index.html.4'
Connecting to www.vodafone.pt:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Retrying.

 And this goes one forever. (I can use wget perfectly for other websites)

 M.