RE: [squid-users] block video and audio streaming

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:13:47 +0100

> Hi all,
> I want to prevent my users to connect to video and audio
> streaming such as
> online radio etc. etc.
>
> How to do it ?
> maybe using req_mime_type and rep_mime_time?
>
> someone can make me an example ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Federico

 Perhaps :

   acl download rep_mime_type ^video/ ^audio/
   http_access deny download

 But nearly impossible to circumvent all possible
 workarounds.
 The problem can be more pinpointed if a particular
 reader is targeted. RealPlayer e.d because filters
 can be pinpointed then. (E.g set trip_query_terms off in
 squid.conf) to detect other url params and build
 adequate access controls.

 In general I would like to see more a concept
 of 'netquota' being put on FD's reading from the Net.
 Then if quota exceed , block originating url for
 a configurable amount of time. This of course
 already introduces a problem of
 maintaining a 'block state' in squid, I know.

 M.