[squid-users] resend: squidGuard and/or authentication?

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:14:55 -0600

I understand this question has been asked before, and without any response.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200310/0699.html

Any pointers? I'm thinking of tearing up Squid 2.5.STABLE4 code to get this to work. Probably alter the basic authentication code: if the user is authenticated to the "NOBLOCK" group, then do not use the redirector (squidGuard.); if the user is not authenticated, then route traffic to the redirector; if the redirector indeed redirects it then process the authentication; if the user authenticates correctly then go back to the top and let them through; if the user fails authentication send them to the redirected page.

Peter