Re: [squid-users] Granular Vary Header

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:17:12 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, wee kah wrote:

> > a) The syntax of the custom header extension needs
> > to be defined.
>
> What do you mean by defining the custom header
> extension? Is it ./configure with the
> --X-Accelerator-Vary option?

By modification I refer to programming the desired function within Squid.

> How do you teach squid to understand this new syntax?
> Are you referring to the httpMakeVaryMark() of http.c
> file?

Yes.

> Does it mean that the semantics for the
> X-Accelerator-Vary header can be different among
> different squid servers?

X-Accelerator-Vary is a custom header and can be used in any manner you
please in reverse-proxy type setups.

If you use it it is recommended to deny forwarding of this header, as it
is not useful outside your server setup..