[squid-users] Question about authentication with Squid

From: Hugues Bernard <BERNARD.HUGUES@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:21:50 +0100

We are using Squid 2.3.STABLE4 with basic authentication on Microsoft authentication (msntauth) since several years.
All is working well : when user opens his IE and tries to browse Internet, he receives an authentication windows. When the user opens Outlook to read an HTML mail, he is prompted again to give a username/password.

We plan to install a new squid server but with NTLM authentication for security reason and to offer a more friendly solution to our users (SSO). We did some tests with Winbind and all is working : when the user opens IE, he is "not" prompted for a username and password.

The problem is that when he opens a HTML mail in Outlook, he is "not" warned that he is accessing Internet. Which is a serious (at least for me) security problem in the frame of SPAM ...

Is there someone having an idea to show a warning message to the user who is accessing Internet with the possibility to cancel ?

Thanks for your help,
Bernard.