Re: [squid-users] Minimal Squid Configuration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:43:27 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 Ryan.Nix@chi.ddb.com wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of a minimal Squid configuration for use with
> Squidguard?

The default, plus required minimal access controls added to allow your
clients access and the redirector_program directive to call SquidGuard.

> I keep thinking that my Squid configuration directives are overriding
> Squidguard's but I can't tell which one it is.

The only directive that maybe could override SquidGuard is the
redirector_access directive which can be used to select that certain
requests is to bypass the redirector helper.

In 99.9% of the cases where there is problems with SquidGuard looking like
it does not do anything this is due to SquidGuard entering "fail-safe
passthru" mode due to configuration or datafile permission error. See the
SquidGuard logs.