[squid-users] NTLM + LDAP auth - no pop-up password window

From: <mangoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:37:33 +0000

Hello,

I would like to set up Squid in a way, so that it would authenticate users
against LDAP server (Active Directory), and do it in a transparent way for a user.
In other words, so that no 'user + password' window pops-up if the user has
already logged into a domain.

What I achieved so far is that Squid authenticates against LDAP server (Active
Directory), logs usernames into a logfile then etc.

I couldn't find much documentation about NTLM + LDAP in Squid, and from what
I've already read, I'm not sure.

So: is it possible, using Squid, LDAP server, and a browser that supports NTLM,
to authenticate user, so that no pop-up 'username + password' window shows up?

If so, could you please give me some examples, maybe points to documentation?

Regards,

Tomek

--
 Jeszcze lepsza oferta AlphaNet