Re: [squid-users] ident

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:06:54 +0530

> How often does Squid perform ident-lookups? Every client`s
> request?

It depends upon the ACL type you are using to provide the identity look-up.
If you are using the src type of ACL,It will be looked for the identity for
every time.

http://devel.squid-cache.org/external_acl/config.html
http://marasystems.com/download/cerberian/

> For example, some ident program which can safely (over ssl or
> something else) communicate with clients` ident programs.

I think it is not possible in the ident-lookups.
To use the ident-lookup see the ident_lookup_access TAG.

Regards,
Muthukumar.