Re: [squid-users] Squid often crash

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:20:07 +0100

* Andrej G. Zadorozhnyj (zag@sdobri.ru):

(I am the maintainer of squid on FreeBSD)

> My Squid 2.5 Stable 4 port revision 10 for FreeBSD 4.9 often has crash with
> "assertion failed : helper.c:322 "!srv -> request"
> What is mean? Can anybody help me?
> I use NTLM auth with wb_group external_acl_type and winbind with Samba
> 2.2.8.

The FreeBSD port for squid was last updated on Feb 19, so some
authentication related patches are missing. I have issued a "maintainer
update" to get the port to squid-2.5.STABLE5, and wait for it to get
committed to the FreeBSD ports repository. Until this has been done, you
need to add the missing patches for squid-2.5.STABLE4 manually to the
port, sorry.