Re: [squid-users] squid with wccp on solaris

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:09:45 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, James Zhao wrote:

> I am trying to build a squid server on solaris 8 for wccp, but It doesn't
> seems to work yet, here is what I did so far and I am hoping someone can
> point out the problem:

Have you loaded the WCCP kernel module?

There is a WCCP kernel module for Solaris in the Oops proxy source tree I
think.

The WCCP kernel module is responsible for decapsulating the WCCP/GRE
packets the WCCP router encapsulates the redirected traffic within. If you
do not have this your proxy server box will know nothing about what the
packets redirected to it by the router is.

In addition to the WCCP kernel module you also need interception rules to
intercept the packets once decapsulated and have them delivered to the
proxy port. This is the job of ip-filter in a Solaris WCCP setup.