[squid-users] Authentication very slow

From: <VRavi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:02:13 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to configure squid_ldap_auth for my squid proxy, Before
changing the squid.conf file for LAP authentication, i want to try the
command from command prompt for its functionality.

My command as below:

squid_ldap_auth -p -R -b dc=my,dc=domain -D
cn=squid,cn=users,dc=my,dc=domain -w password -f "(&(userPrincipalName=%s)
(objectClass=Person) ) 10.151.10.1

Username password

It works fine, but it takes minimum of 40 seconds to prompt OK.

I put same command in my squid.conf file through my browser, even in my
browser it takes around 40 - 50 seconds to get first page.

Even I tried using SMB authentication, same thing is happening. I am in
urgent situation to rap up this project. can anyone help me to narrow down
the problem or if anyone has any clue about this issue, please help me.

I am using two NIC card and I am pointing to my internal DNS. IF I use
squid without authentication, it works fine without any slowness in access
the web pages.

Thanks

ravi