Re: [squid-users] external_acl module

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:33:42 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Ilya wrote:

> Where can i find such patch?

Looking.. ah, have forgot to publish the 2.5 version of this patch. Will
appear on devel.squid-cache.org in a few days with the name
"external_acl_fuzzy".

> Does this feature described in upcoming Squid-3.0 release
> documentation?

Yes.

> >Had a customer needing to implement the IDENT protocol via
> >external_acl some time ago..
>
> Sorry, what do you mean by that? If you mean whether I want to
> implement my own ident-like protocol, then yes.

I had a customer wanting to implement the IDENT protocol but cache the
result per IP address, and for this reason was the patch developed.

The parts involving the source port etc extensions to external_acl has
been merged into Squid-3. The parts to be able to cache the result on IP
address has not as this part does not go quite as far as was planned for
and I do not want to introduce a syntax for such specifications in the
official release if it is known the syntax needs to be considerably
modified to support what is planned for in the slightly longer term.