RE: [squid-users] Squid-Sarg reports - Daily/weekly/monthly script

From: M J <mjardeli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:49:36 -0300

The main page of sarg is in Portuguese (my native language).
You can find an egroup at yahoogroups,

"If you want to know about new releases and/or changes, subscribe to my
Email list.
Once on, you can send messages to the group: orso@yahoogroups.com"

But follow links to the scripts:

Sarg users implementations
Jeremy Lahners Weekly report script
http://web.onda.com.br/orso/weekly.html

Leuchter, Lars Daily, weekly and monthly report scripts
http://web.onda.com.br/orso/enhancements.html

Ugo Viti Daily/weekly/monthly Squid usage report generation tool
http://www.i-synapse.it/public/sarg.reports

Don’t forget to apply index sort patch and if you use Red Hat you have to
export LC_ALL=C before you run sarg.

In time sarg is a very useful tool to generate reports using squid native
log, but if you have a large amount of log (more than 1G) it will crash
sarg.

It seems that Pedro Orso is not developing sarg anymore as I see many users
complaining about that is takes too long to generate Report and if you have
a big log sarg crashes.

But in my point of view it is still the best tool to generate Reports of
squid users.