Re: [squid-users] Odd "https" behaviour.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:02:42 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Tim Neto wrote:

> Okay, I accept the browser assessment. However, the Komatsu America
> application is a Visual Studio 6.0 application. (I doubled checked
> after my initial post.) The problem is also noticed when accessing
> Secure HTTP web sites with Internet Explorer. I'll see if I can get
> some version numbers on IE.

Both are most likely using the same wininet.dll HTTP/HTTPS
implementation...

> Just to confirm then, the second line (time stamped: 1079532261.705) is
> received from the web browser / web application. Is this a correct read
> of the access log?

Yes. Each line in access.log represent individual requests received by
Squid from the client.

Your access log had

1. A CONNECT request requesting a SSL tunnel to be set up. Denied by Squid
with "Proxy Authentication Required". This tells nothing about the URL
visited, and Squid can not know.

2. Followed by a plain http:// request.